WHAT WE PROVIDE FOR YOU AT THE COTTAGE
- Small appliances including a micro-wave, toaster, blender, kettle, coffee maker, slow cooker, waffle maker, rice cooker and an air popcorn maker.
- Cupboards/drawers outfitted with dishes, cutlery, can opener, glasses, pots and pans, cooking utensils, bakeware, cutting boards, serving bowls, cling wrap and tin foil.
- Kitchen linen...in the drawer next to the sink.
- Placemats and a table cover for the outdoor table.
- Paper towels
- Electric stove and oven
- Overhead fan for anytime you use the stove-top.
- Fridge is full size with bottom freezer.
- Garbage bags, compost bags, soaps and other clean-up supplies stored in the cupboard under the sink.
- Complimentary coffee, sugar, salt, pepper, a few cooing spices and cooking oil.
- Linens: are supplied *(except baby linen for the 'pack'n play', please bring your own). The bedding for the sofa beds is stored on the shelves in the bathrooms.
- Pillows and duvets
- Clothes hangers
- 'Smart' TV's with Netflix (there's no cable TV).
- The living room has a 40" TV with DVD player. DVD’s are on the shelves of the upper TV stand.
- The TV/Games room has a 55" TV. with a 'USB stick' loaded with movies...including the Harry Potter series.
- Games, puzzles, books and a WII.
- Body soap, shampoo/conditioner, shower caps.
- Hand soap
- Towels and bathmat: (please bring your own beach towels for surfing or swimming)
- Toilet paper
- Hair blower and flat iron.
- Washer...cleans clothes quickly and very efficiently using the cold water cycle.
- Dryer...is most efficient when drying one load at a time (please remember to clean out the filter on the door after each use).
- Laundry soap.
- Iron and ironing board.
- Small step ladder.
- Broom, mop, dustpan and vacuum cleaner.
- BBQ is on the upper deck. To operate; check to see that the valve is open on the propane tank, located outside on the lower patio. Then, open the YELLOW valve handle on the right hand side of the BBQ. Push igniter to start (please remember to turn the yellow propane valve off when you are not using it).
- BBQ equipment and utensils are in a blue tub on the deck.
- Deck chairs and outdoor dining table.
- Patio with Outdoor Fireplace
- Complimentary firewood.
- Patio chairs and table.
- Axe for chopping kindling (in the blue tub by the stacked wood).
- Outdoor hammock (stored in the laundry room).
- Crab trap (be sure you have a fishing license and familiarize yourself with the rules for catching shellfish. *If you catch fish or crabs, please clean them at the tables provided at the marina)
- Free WiFi. You'll receive the username and password before arrival.
- Fire extinquishers are located in the upper level living room and laundry room.
- Flashlights and batteries. Also, candles and matches in the side table drawers beside the upstairs couch. Helpful in the event the power goes out (it does happen in Port Renfrew).
- Food dishes and plastic 'poop' bags for your welcomed pet (in the drawer under the shelves at the front door).
- Electric heat. In BC. electricity is expensive so we ask that when you depart please turn the upper level thermostats to 10C and turn the lower baseboard heater OFF.
- Light bulbs. They do burn out and we try to keep extras in the cupboard over the fridge.
- Food and beverages you'll want for your stay at the cottage are best purchased beforehand. The General Store is a small grocery/liquor store but it's pricey and has limited choices.
- Port Renfrew has a year-round gas station and an electric car charging station at the community center.
IN THE KITCHEN
An abundance of cookware and tableware.
The kitchen table has pull out leafs that slide out from either end, creating an eating area for eight. You can use the bench in front of the couch or the benches from the entry area as extra seating. There's even a high chair stored in the laundry room.
IN THE BEDROOMS, LIVING/GAMES ROOMS, BATHROOMS, LAUNDRY ROOM & OUTDOORS
The 'Welcome Book' in the cottage has detailed information for the use of amenities.
Main bedroom has a queen bed, on the lower level a 2nd bedroom with bunk beds and the 3rd bedroom has a king size bed. Both living areas have a queen size pull-out sofa sleeper. *A fold-up pack'n play is stored in the laundry room (can be used as crib/bassinette for an infant).